Dr. Kenny Chan is a comprehensive ophthalmologist and subspecialist Oculoplastics Surgeon. He specialises in eyelid, lacrimal, orbital and cataract surgery.
Dr. Chan studied medicine at the University of Melbourne, having been awarded the prestigious Melbourne National Scholarship. After graduating with honours, he underwent Ophthalmology training at the Sydney Eye Hospital. After completing a fellowship in comprehensive ophthalmology at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, he undertook subspecialty fellowship training in Oculoplastics Surgery at Liverpool, UK and the Singapore National Eye Centre. Dr. Chan also has a special interest in refractive surgery, having completed a Graduate Diploma in Refractive Surgery at the University of Sydney.
Dr. Chan has a strong interest in research and teaching. He has published multiple papers in local and international peer-reviewed journals, and has presented at international conferences such as the British Oculoplastic Surgery Society and the European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He regularly attends international meetings to stay at the forefront of current techniques and technology. He is involved teaching registrars and medical students, having been appointed as a conjoint associate lecturer at both the University of Sydney and UNSW. In addition to English, Dr. Chan is fluent in Cantonese and Mandarin.
Medical and Postgraduate Degrees:
- University of Melbourne – MBBS (Hons)
- University of Sydney – Master of Medicine (Ophthalmic Science)
- University of Sydney – Graduate Diploma in Refractive Surgery
- University Hospital Aintree, Liverpool, UK
- Singapore National Eye Centre
Area of Specialty:
- Eyelid malposition – ectropion, entropion, ptosis and blepharoplasty
- Eyelid skin cancers – excision and reconstructions
- Lacrimal surgery – watery and sticky eyes
- Orbital surgery – thyroid eye disease, malignancies and implants
- Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists
- University of Sydney Alumni
- University of Melbourne Alumni
- Sydney Eye Hospital Alumni